Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Friday, April 07, 2006

angry

Today, anger.
Not that I care too much about money. I hope it is there and tend to use it. But yesterday... I got the bill from Swiss customs. For a parcel, containing basically paper, value 55 Euro something, coming from Germany, I am expected to pay 54 Francs to customs: something like 6 Francs is taxes, 10 Francs is handling, 38 Francs seems to be special handling charges. What for? Are they nuts?
The good thing about it: I immediately had an idea for an anger perfume,....You know, materialisation of all those bad thoughts and negative energy, transformed into a scent condensing it all.
So, we are talking.. Coumarin, Castoreum, Vanillin, Patchouli for the lasting anger the next day

Cumin aldehy, Irone, decenal-4-trans (lots!), cistus, jasmine, geranylbutyrate in between
and the first rage outbreak by galbanum, linalool, clary sage, lemon grass, ylangylang, bergamot

hmmm... sniffing my wrist and forgetting about it all.
;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Is this composition to calm the anger or feed it?

Ylang and Patchouli are sexy together I think - and evokes an altogether different emotion for me! - taxes and death - both are inevitable and i don't like the idea of either!

The graphic was very - well, graphic!

Heather

5:50 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Heather
In the end -just like the graphic- the composition helped me to change topic and to find peace again.
The difference between taxes and death: Death takes all the rich, too. Taxes do not seem to apply to all of the rich...
The graphic is intended to show my angry aura.... hehehe andy in aggresiv blue.

6:01 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Heather
In the end -just like the graphic- the composition helped me to change topic and to find peace again.
The difference between taxes and death: Death takes all the rich, too. Taxes do not seem to apply to all of the rich...
The graphic is intended to show my angry aura.... hehehe andy in aggresiv blue.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Ooh, I'd like that one!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for us living within the EU the same rules apply for anything we have the audacity (sp??) to buy from outside the union. Here in Sweden (the highest tax rates in the world) for anything we might buy that costs more than 200SEK - including shipping costs, is slapped with a 25% additional tax on the grand total. That is the cost for the goods plus shipping. On top of this the customs takes out a custom fee and then - the cost for shipping it to me with the Swedish mail system. How about that???? That makes any purhase for nice perfumery material so expensive, that one need to find friends "out there" who can function as a go-between. Even with paying double shipping costs (to the reciever and fromher to me) it's way more economical than the EU restrictionary rules.

For the life of me, I can't see any good things by being a member of the EU:-(

Ohterwise an anger perfume, now that is something totaly new. Makes me think of sulphor and brimestone, but something burned like rectified birchtar, rectified amber (the resin) and some heavy oud might do the trick. Nothing light and flighty - but darkly redish and very vicious. Tehe, makes me start to think about some evil blends myself.

Hex on postal services and extreme taxes everywhere!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sali said...

Sometimes, I need to listen to very hard rock music. It doesn't necessarily feed the anger I feel inside as much as it's cathartic to hear it, to know that there's a sound out there that sounds like how I feel. When I was growing up, this was important to me and it still is now. So I think an anger perfume can be very cathartic...and in the end, therapeutic. That sucks about the taxes.

1:41 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Yes, Sali
Taxes suck.... but this is already a thing of the past and happily I am moving forward ;-) (smile)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home