Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Technocrat


Tomorrow, I will be in the mountains, in the snow again (promise to myself: It will be the last time this season). Thus: No post tomorrow but a quick note tonight.
Although this is a "business blog" I have to admit that it contains also, simply by nature of blogging, some personal stuff. So... here comes a personal note entirely non perfumery related. I am a technocrat and this is why I thank technology and modern medicine that the surgery went well and that hopefully my mother will be cured from her cancer. 100 years ago things would have been quite different. Sometimes, in light of all the troubles that follow our way of handling technology we (I) tend to forget what we, as group of brain troubled mammals, have reached.
And then, there is a whisper in my head, telling me that, still, we are not controlling everything and that there might be forces beyond our imagination that should receive a humble "thank you", too.

In this sense: Thank you from a technocrat.

(pix: from adamci )

6 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Best wishes for your mother, and enjoy your trip!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your mother's recovery from me too!

Have a great day.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Give Mum a cuddle.

and enjoy the mountains

Heather

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

I hope your mom's recovery goes smoothly!

Rashunda

12:18 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Dear Andy,
Bestest of wishes and soon recovery to your mother!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy - best wishes and hugs to your Mother, so she recovers fast and with ease.

Ylva

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home