Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Niche calling

I called Juvena and discussed with the right person, asking questions and explaining things. Well, to make things short, a final go/no-go decision is postponed until Thursday when we will discuss again. The person in charge will consider my case which seems to be somewhat unusual. And, as I am gifted with some imagination and in light of my 40 years on planet earth enriched with quite a few surprises, I am not amazed and somehow understand their point: They have invested into a trade mark and although they do not use it anymore, the enterprise feels somewhat uncomfortable giving away what they consider their property. I guess neither she nor me is on the spot legally competent enough to know in all details what their rights really include and how far they could go in protecting them. That’s lawyer business. As W. said the other day: “You shouldn’t have asked them anyway.” Well, I guess right he was, but I prefer it the other way. I am scared of lawyers and –if feasible- try to avoid their company, at least in business matters.

And I got a number, a first approximation for how much I could buy the trade mark “Lonestar”. Oups. I guess the time has come for travelling to Dubai, meet a happy sheik, let him fall in love with my leather scent and tell him that the only way to get the perfume is by buying for the trade mark rights. Positive side effects would be: A day on the Dubai beach, shopping for Frankincense coming from nearby Oman, and eventually opening a shop in one of those huge, fancy shopping malls.

I will continue working on the flyer until I take a few days off for this Dubai venture….

Next might be a note on words that do not flow and the iris-agarwood thing

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iris and agarwood together? I'm thoroughly intrigued.

...and behave yourself if and when you get to Dubai. I don't want to here of Sheikhen and stirred shenanigans in the desert...

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more Leo..on both points.tee hee.

11:15 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Promise, Leopoldo, Andy will be a nice boy.hehehe

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home