Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Friday, March 31, 2006

Love at first sight

So, I got this phone call the other evening. And being a child born and raised in the sixties I believe in vibes and drugs: Drugs as an efficient tool to harm your physical performance and to transform your psyche, usually to the worse. Vibes are more useful, they allow picking out a colourful wave in a band of grey lines; feeling these vibes, you narrow the bandwidth of your antenna and at the same time you open up, unlock the door and let your fellow mammal in.
So, I got this phone call and saw beautiful waves in all colours of the spectrum. It turned out to be the most interesting phone call since a while. Besides these colourful vibes, an epic praise of my perfumes Le Maroc pour elle and L’air du désert marocain for sure helped to feel very sympathetic…..

It was a pleasure talking with Mr. Wuchsa, charming owner of “aus Liebe zum Duft”. In a first approximation, he is THE niche perfume expert in Germany, and his shop features about everything there is worth collecting in terms of niche perfumes. His e-shop is a dangerous place to visit for perfume lovers because there are just too many goodies to go for. And he runs a blog in German with high addition factor, too. Thus, we discussed among many other things why my perfumes are different and the synopsis of this discussion: I invest in what’s going into my perfumes. It is the ingredients, including a decent amount of love. Which is ok, however: The key issue for all nice perfumers is to get known. It is not sufficient to produce a dream perfume with the most beautiful rose and jasmine scents going in there, hard to get materials, assembled with love, ….people have to know it is out there.

So, I got this phone call and Mr Wuchsa is fond of my perfumes and based on our discussion, I assume this is why “Aus Liebe zum Duft” will sell my perfumes in Germany, starting now.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Andy - you are already in his webshop! Well, at least your name is in the left colum, but no products - just yet. Another scoop for our soon-to-be-extremely-famous Swiss Perfumeur - well done my friend! Your are on such a roll, that I start to feel a twitch of jelousy, but you are worth it all:-D
Hugs and love,
ylva

11:39 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh man. I feel like I ought to send you flowers or something - the whole world is opening itself up to your beautiful creations, and I could not be happier for you. It's like one great opportunity after the other revealing itself lately. Honestly now, to where do we all send the flowers and champagne? I can only just think, someday, when you are big and famous and oh so haughty, I will be able to say I knew you way back when... heh ;)

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really, really weird Andy. This is no word of a lie. Last night I was laid in bed thinking about you.......no! not what it seems......LOL! I was thinking about your scents and that they would be ideal for somewhere like Georg's shop. I look at your blog and there it is. Spooky or what?

5:41 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Barry
that's the vibe thing! Isn't this great? How happen that you know George?-> It is such a small world, inded.
Dear Ylva
I am glad that you are up and posting again. Are you better and has spring finally reached Skandinavia? Please, don't feel jealous.... you know: At the very end you are in a better position... I have almost no time left to play around. I think I am getting old and serious ;-)
Seriously: Thank you for your post and take good care on you!
Dear Katie
Thank you! Sometimes I have a bad memory...forgetting about everything that is not important. But I promise you: There are a few perfume lovers and fellow bloggers I will not forget! And if I do: Tell me.....
PS: No flowers, no champagne... I got the flower (red rose) from W. and the champagne is waiting in the cellar...
Thank you Katie

5:48 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Andy,
Congratulations!!! First in Fragrance is one of my favorite online store. In many case, George really is First to sell new releases, etc.
Great news!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

Andy, wonderful news! But it is only the beginning of what your labors (and let us not forget formidable talent) deserve. You know what I want to see next? Your scents in Barney's in NYC. :-)

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly brilliant news and absolutely well deserved - though I haven't smelled Maroc pour elle yet, I know if it's half as good as my love L'air, it's worth Georg stocking! hurrah!

8:59 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Lovely news about a lovely man. It is wonderful to see all the excitement and recognition happening around your creations. And you're right about the vibes -- heck, the Prince was feeling them, too ;-)

You're a closet hippie, aren't you, Andy? LOL!

2:25 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Oh Anya... now you got me! Closet hippie ... perfect! hehehehe....

Dear Tania, Leopoldo, Colombina: Thank you very much for your flowers. I appreciate.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Dear Andy

Its a shame he only blogs in German because then me the non eloquent Brit could and would chip in.

Is he going to blog about you? - I assume he will. Next stop Vogue.

I sent your samples to Vogue by the way!!

Heather

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog! I just started a very general purpose perfume site that is more geared towards newcomers.

11:46 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Thank you, interesting site... I will check it again. You've got questions about my perfumes? Please feel free to ask, also by mail: perfumer(at)tauerperfumes.com
thank you.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home