Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Annabelle

The shopping pleasure of today: Annabelle! Annabelle is THE beauty magazine in Switzerland. Thick and heavy as always, shiny and promising lots of goodies she lays in front of me, untouched, shimmering. Annabelle is a printed assembly of shopping guides, mixed with some VIP stuff, hints and tips, and lots of impeccable beauties posing for clothes and handbags.

I checked once how much an add would cost me there and forgot about it immediately. It is so expensive, I even stopped dreaming about it. Out of scope! It just tells me that the margins for certain products, like perfumes, must be enormous, fitting perfectly with their sky rocketing marketing budgets. With a 1 full page add costing something in the range of at least 20’000$US, and a perfume costing in the average 50$US it is straightforward to see that these perfume houses’ business models are totally different to mine.
This edition’s beauty news features my L’air du désert marocain and I am very happy. The picture of the flacon is very well done and the text goes like: “(literally translated) voyage of the senses- with notes of coriander, cumin, bitter orange and jasmine in combination with cedar wood and vetiver in front of an ambergris background, the eau de toilette intense enchants like a voyage through the Maghreb desert. L’air du désert marocain is after le Maroc pour elle the second creation of Zurich based perfumer Andy Tauer – a charming landscape of scents for her and him”.

Thus....I have to move on with my tauerperfumes website and introduce (planned since a while) my media coverage page....

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Well done you - I can't get even the local media to notice I'm alive let alone write about us!!

Did you sleep with the beauty editor or threaten to boil the office poodle?

I'm such a tart - I'd do both!!

Yes you must have a press section - and milk it forever.

Heather

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such brilliant news Andy. I take that Annabelle is like the Swiss equivalent of Vogue?

I really do hope that it generates lots of new business for you.

10:24 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Heather
I'd do almost everything, too! But in this particular case, I guess we were just lucky. You know, the classical I know someone who knows someone, who... But then: This is the entry ticket to the hunting game, in order to shoot the deer you have to pull the trigger. In our case, the editor in charge just loves what he got under his nose.
But... maybe I have to choose your tactic to get a 2-page coverage in Vogue.
And yes, Barry, it is not really trashy, but I wouldn't go that far to call it Vogue of Switzerland. Maybe it is like the moderated Swiss Version. But it has class.
Düdeldi.... ( singing because I am happy)

10:40 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Wow! Well, congratulations. Well done, Andy! I'm so happy for you, that's great :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Wonderful, Andy -- Mazel Tov and hugs.

2:23 PM  
Blogger slave2love said...

, "the editor in charge just loves what he got under his nose",

This being the crux of the matter, and the one thing that the biggest, most elaborate marketing budget in the world could never buy!... (But as usual I am only stating the obvious)

To echo the thoughts of all the others Andy,this is no more than what your creative talent and its fruits deserves!
I so aspire to be you :)

6:36 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments!
I send you fragrant greetings and my best wishes for the week end.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home