Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring wishes for the weekend

The first primula came through, the sun is shining and not even the letter from Juvena bothers me today (telling me that they invested a lot in the name, and I could buy it if I want. ....well, I would if I could....)
More about this developing story next week! (how about "campfire memories", "Prairie memories","Sommerville memories"....?)

My best wishes for the weekend and did you know there is a auricula and primula society?

pix: some kind of primula, seen this morning in my garden

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so disapointing about the name. I was quite excited by the Lonestar one. I think that Prairie Memories and Campfire Memories sound good. Thinking about the Lonestar name makes me wonder, it is a common name for Texas, the Lonestar State, I wonder how they can copyright the name? A number of years ago a Reiki organisation tried to copyright the name 'Reiki' and they were unsuccessful because it was a commonly used name for a certain healing technique, I am actually a Reiki Master.

It's amazing how the weather has warmed up so quickly. It's only a couple of weeks since I was watching all that snow falling on Zurich from the Zurich webcam. We are very wet and windy in the north of England.

Have a great weekend Andy!

3:43 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Barry
I wonder too. I was told in the letter that they have protected the name, it seems that the protection is internationally. We will see... let's look at it as a challenge. Lonestar was very exciting, indeed, but Prairie Memories might even be better (I just hope that the company La Prairie won't interfer. Funny thing on the side: La Prairie and Juvena at the end belong to the same consortium... hehehe
I am impressed and bow my head in front of the master.

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to bow my dear friend, just call me sir!........LOL!

I just did a google search on the word lonestar, this is the amount of links it came up with...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=lonestar&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Out of interest, I presume it's the word 'Lonestar' that they have registered. I wonder if splitting the words up as 'Lone Star' would make any difference? Just a thought on this dreary Saturday afternoon.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realised that links don't copy across. Sorry about that. Anyway, if you do a search for lonestar, you will see what I mean.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Viktor Öland said...

No! That was terrible news. Loved the lonestar name. I'm sure you will come up with a new one equally good, though.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That's bad news! But I'm shure you will find another name, maybe we all can brainstorm together and find the perfect name.....Texas memories? Countryside memories?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

I must say, Sommerville is such an idyllic name, with its sound of summer and the small-town nostalgia of -ville. Why not just call it Sommerville?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Prairie is a good name too, and you could use it as a modifier for just about anything (Prairie Noon, Prairie Sky, Prairie Star, etc.). Hmm. You'll come up with something, I know it.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Dear Andy

I find it very hard to understand how they can monopolise the word 'lonestar' completely - when yours is called 'lonestar memories' anyway - they surely couldn't do that? - because that would preclude anyone using the word in any combination with anything - and surely that can't be right?

I'm a member of the auricula society! Love show auriculas.

Heather - who is miffed on your behalf! You are always so calm and sanguine - me I somp about and have hissy hits! You'll never be devilled with ulcers that is for sure!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ps: actually I meant 'stomp' and 'hissy fits' !!! I can't spell for toffee!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Ah, I have to admit Prairie Memories sounds good to me - but I grew up in the prairies of South Dakota, so perhaps this is terribly, terribly biased of me ;) I am sure you will find a good solution that you like and that fits for you.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home