Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Packaging

One aspect of perfumery the way we do it is: Packaging of perfume bottles. Hurray. The positive thing about it is the intrinsic monotony. It allows for serious meditative thinking about here and now and there and tomorrow. And with every label finding its way on a cardboard box you get the opportunity to thoroughly consider ways to improve. These improvements will have to come sooner or later if I extrapolate the last twelve months. In that sense, statistics can be dream stuff. Faced with a sales curve pointing up, I seriously and reliably predict that within 20 years every second human being on planet earth will have ordered a sample and UPS star ships cruise in the inner solar system delivering my perfumes to happy aliens seeking fancier perfumes than their alien fragrances.

In light of yesterday’s endeavour I feel an urge to pay tribute to W. (you remember: the W. factor…). One reason, why these perfumes of mine exist is: Slavery, with a master slave (me) and a happy helper slave W. doing the less critical stuff. The only compensation he gets: Free perfumes in all variations, finished or not. Thus, a warm thank you, W.!

A final note about the contrapunto of yesterday: Looking at the Orris scent (orris scent=prototype name), in its version 2, after extensive maturation for 5 weeks. Not bad, not bad at all, but as I mentioned in an interview lately (going to appear soon…): It is my privilege not be obliged to any marketing or sales department. So, free like a hippie after 2 hours of meditation and a brain flushed with LSD I can move on dreaming a new scent. Happy me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated bit of flattery coming at you Andy. I'm a scent junkie, but the one perfume, other than Dior Homme, that currently garners the most praise from colleagues and the kids I teach, is none other than your marvellous desert creation. To the extent that colleagues are going to be getting their own bottles - for their husbands...

10:53 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Leopoldo
You made my day!

Thank you very much.

2:14 PM  
Blogger marlen said...

A bit of a belated post Andy, but please put me down for one of the Lonestar Leather scents - I absolutely must be one of the first to enjoy this new creation! And cheers on working on the orris - very, very exciting!

8:42 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Marlen: You are on my VIP list....

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home