Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Friday, March 24, 2006

flacon

What you see to the right is a picture of the going to be flacon, 50 ml for the Lonestar Memories.
It is a simple flacon with a functional pump spray, spraying 80 micro liter.
I have thought about it a long time... I need to streamline things a little bit...therefore, I have decided for a neutral flacon which will allow me to later also use it for other creations that might follow.
I also liked its understatment appearance and they way it feels in my hand: Not too big and not too large.
The bottles are ordered and I get the longer the more nervous.

Then arrived the business cards today; slightly shiny surface showing my coordinates in english, only "Parfumeur" is French. I thought it sounds much better than "perfumer"... ...ouhhh, I am proud. I will now include one business card with every perfume leaving my little factory. On the back of the card it will say handwritten "Enjoy! Andy Tauer

And now, my best wishes to you all...Enjoy! Andy

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bottle looks wonderful Andy.

The business cards sound great too!The thing that sets you apart from other 'Parfumeurs' is that you go the extra mile (Km) to make the customer feel important.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Very nice Andy - It will be perfect and I really like 'Lonestar Memories' - have the other Lonestar people ok'd it all for use?

Heather

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only envy your work, Andy. I wish I could work with you as a mentor - it is inspirational what you do in this commercial world.

12:25 PM  
Blogger slave2love said...

What Konstantitn said

Andy, you must be getting busier and busier with this. Will it soon be time to give up your day job?

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Andy,
The bottle is perfect and I like the idea of the business card. How nice to follow your progress here on your blog. It must feel rare to actualy feel that it's gonna be for real now. The Lonestar Memories is comming!!!
Have a nice weekend.

4:47 PM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Hi Andy
I've been evaluating so many bottles it isn't even funny. And the tops! That's the one area I *may* go custom. I was leaning towards a bottle very similar to yours, but now I'm in an oval disc mood ;-)

Oh, then there's the labels. And the splash vs. spray, and the box, and the silkscreening, hot stamping, etc., etc.

I'm waiting until next week after Mercury goes direct for my decision, lol.

6:50 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Hi Anya
I know exactly what you mean. And to make things worse, we also have to think about reliability of suppliers, minimal order numbers and availability of a certain bottle in the near and further future. ... but then: I like it, it is creative work, somehow, and allows to dream a dream of bottles, all nicely labelled flying from here to there.
Dear Jenny
My best wishes for your upcoming weekend,too and : it feels just great!
Dear S2L
The worlds kind of fit together. right now, I wounldn't like to miss either one or the other. But if things go on like this... ...we will see.

2:07 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Heather
The other Lonestar people, Juvena, is silent as an Egyptian grave, 4 am in the morning, before the tourists find their way in.
I hope they will at least be nice enough to send an answer. If not: Not my problem anymore. I was told that legally, I am not obliged at all to get their ok for a name that is just similar.
So, let's wait and see.

Dear Barry
Thank you very much.
Of course, in order to be honest with myself, part of the things I do is compensation of , let's say, semi-professional appearance. I can not afford to have shiny golden printed cardboard boxes.....but I guess, this is not that important anyhow.

2:12 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Konstantin
Thank you very much for your note. I will get back to you soon.
Have a nice, sunny weekend

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,

If Juvena didn't get permission from the folks in Texas to use "Lonestar", you shouldn't have to get permission from them.:-)

Rashunda

10:38 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Rashunda
that's the spirit! ;-)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home