Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Friday, April 21, 2006

money issues = difficult issues

The truth is: I guess I am not a good business man... at least in some fields of business I am not that good. Maybe, I do not take money serious enough.

The issue is...again.... samples. The problem is as follows:
We do not want to make lots of money with samples. But neither I, nor Medival art & vie, Pascal, can afford to pay for our sending them into the wide, wide world, as we do not have a real marketing budget yet. (I devote some private money into marketing experiments but this is another story...)

Actually, it is rather simple:
Price of a sample = 3.5 $ US (our fees for paypal not counted)

Price of 1 packaging card board thing: 0.55 $
Price of 1 sample packaging flyer estimated: 0.10$
Price of 1 sample vial: 0.4$
Price of shipment Economy: 2.8-3 $ US
Sums up to: ca. 3.9 $ US, with the wonder fragrance that goes in there not counted, putting it together not counted,...
I never did a tough calculation as such, but Pascal brought me there ...

Bottom line of this post: Such is reality.
It is time to meet this rich sheik, eventually when he visits Zurich to cash in some of his oil dollars on his secret Swiss bank account?

8 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

Andy, LuckyScent charges $4 each for samples of your perfumes—why shouldn't you?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Maybe you should just refer USA residents to order samples from Lucky Scent.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Well this little post, so neat and so understated - says so much and I am in such glad company with this one. The postage and packaging is a nightmare - and for me too I wince at how much perfume you have to make to give away.

I don't have a rich sheikh - but I do have a rather cute accountant however who refuses to hear that I might have dipped into my personal pocket to pay for anything - all my books have to balance.

I don't believe that the samples should be undervalued but I don't believe people generally feel those tiny vials are proper costing constitute value for money.

Welcome to my world Andy - and failing getting that wealthy oil rich oil baron on board - contact the Tax Blagger for some business tips.

Heather

11:48 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Tania and Victoria
Both ways would work. Originally, I wanted to provide my samples kind of free to everyone,in order to: Share a joy and passion and (positive side aspect) get known....
I would still like to share and I think you two are right: Luckyscent is kind of the standard here...
I send you fragrant Sunday wishes

Dear Heather
In light of the oil barrons being rare... eventually it is time to look for rich bankers? By the way: Your cute accountant is perfectly right, too .... bad idea to dip personal pockets... but luring...
Have a beautiful Sunday.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Andy, I got my Luckyscent samples today, and I must say that I will not be ordering any more samples of Tauer perfumes - because my next purchase from them will be a FULL bottle of L'Air du desert marocain!

I love both of them - I am sitting here sniffing both arms obsessively. Le Maroc is so rich and opulent, I would use it only for evening I think, it is certainly not suitable for my office. It is hypnotic, sexy, amazing!

But L'Air - it is magnificent! I love the idea of spicy Oriental style perfumes, but so many of them are far too sweet. This has the spicy depth and richness without being overly sweet. It just gets better as it dries down, and I adore it. I can see how it would be wonderful on a man, but I want to wear it myself, they can't have all the fun. The incense, the wood, the leather, all so good yet not a cliche' "masculine" scent at all!

Sorry I don't know any rich barons or sheikhs - but I bet I could catch one if I wore your perfume....

11:36 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Flora
thank you. When I read the first line... I felt my heart break for a tenth of a second, you wouldn't get a sample anymore. never. oups.
And then I read on. And now my heart sings. Such a lovely post which helps me through a Sunday "full of Orris-Sorrows" (I am working on my Orris scent).
I appreciated it even more because now I finally see how to get into touch with this anonymous Sheik: I will send you, first!
My best wishes to you and thank you again. Your comments are truly motivating.

11:44 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh Andy, I know I must not at all understand how frustrating that must be. I do think that some folks would be more comfortable ordering directly through the perfumer himself, and raising the price on the sample charge would not be so unreasonable given the circumstances. But I think Victoria is right in perhaps suggesting that you refer clients from the States to order from Lucky Scent as well, since it will be both faster for them and more efficient for you? I wish you luck and give you my sympathy either way, it must feel like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, as they say.

10:53 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Ah well Katie
It is not really frustrating... it is just welcome home on earth! I like so much to be in personal contact with clients, but of course, you are right, too: Luckyscents does a wonderful job!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home