Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Düdeldi

Hurray! Spring is here, it is raining much warmer than before.

Yesterday evening I did the google thing again, sitting in front of a screen and looking at hyperlinks appearing magically after entering “tauer perfume” in a little box. Sometimes, I just need it and look for links that are new, people talking about my scents without me knowing. Please, do not consider myself an ego-manic google high ranking knight, I am rather Mr Curious, looking for what others think and what I might learn from them. Thus, I sometimes enter other words in this google box, like “search for the holy grail” or “rabbits conquering the world” or other non-sense and follow the hyper-paths to unexplored territory.

Bottom line: I ended up on Makeupalley.com and found some witty comments on the Le Maroc pour elle, some of them somewhat critical, some rather enthusiastic. To follow part of this debate: Please follow this link. But besides this ego soothing revelation that people talk about my perfumes, there is another aspect that I find worth thinking about as perfumer and as perfume lover. It is the democratization aspect of the e-media and its effects on perfumery. I am convinced that these blogging and forum discussions on perfumes will sooner or later translate into a new power in perfumery business, complementing the journals and others. To some extend it already has. And I am convinced that some of the electronic meeting places will soon find themselves in cosy embracement by the big players. Is this bad? No, not all. There is room for all of us.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Andy, don't you love googling? It's more fun than watching tv. I think it's nice that you can read what others have to say about your perfume that you made with all your love, creativity and time. You want to know if others understand what you are trying to say and if it is the same to them as it is for you.

7:08 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Yes,Jenny, absolutely. And it is always amazing how the same "soup" raises different associations and how it develops obviously differently.

Also I find the descriptions interesting. From food stuff to memories of garages to everything else. I love to think that something created by myself creates these reactions, be they positive or negative. I love it.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanille's flattering l'air (and you) right now on POL!

10:44 AM  
Blogger andy said...

oh...thank you Leopoldo! I just read her comments.
And here's a secret to you (and the world): When I created L'air I think I went throught the same process like she did. I also had to get used to. I initially thought the spices were much to strong to be compliant with my inner image but then, I found out, that it is just the way it has to be. And I left it unchanged. OK, and I have to admit that the W. factor helped, too and Vero, of course. Supporting me, telling me to go live now!

11:10 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

OK, Mr. Braggypants, we get it ;-) All perfumers should have such bragging rights! So, I dug out my sample last night, sprayed a tiny bit on one wrist, and got compliments from friends for hours. We were in a quiet room with an overhead fan, and still the soft delicious scent wafted out.

Then, this morning, as I cruised back in the recent archives of a recently-revived blog I love, I found a bit under I think it was a March 29 review. Time to put the braggypants on again: http://cognoscented.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_cognoscented_archive.html
hope the link works. I think we had a problem with long links before. I can email it to you if you need it, Bra.., er, Andy!

4:35 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

OK, I woke up, had some coffee and realized tinyrul is the way to go http://tinyurl.com/s7qun Another smash review!

6:12 AM  
Blogger andy said...

hehehe...anya: Thank you. I could add another one, but I think it is enough now.

The tiny Url think is cool. Just played with it and now I wonder for how long the tinyurl once made is valid.
Fragrant wishes for your day

12:59 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Hi Andy:
Just keep collecting these great reviews - and even the pans, few that there are - they're part of your legacy now ;-)
Tinyurl keeps forever! I've been using it for years, and unless the original webpage vanishes, you can get there the "tiny" route.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home