Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Temples


This is the last post before I leave for my happily awaited vacation. And it deals with a most disturbing experience of last Friday evening. For several reasons, one being the fact that having spent a large junk of money (let's say for vacation and books and fragrance material...), another sum that you intend to spend seems to become proportionally smaller. This results in the fact that spending becomes much easier the more you have spent.

Thus, I was real brave and embraced the opportunity to visit Chanel's boutique on the famous "Bahnhofstrasse", Zurich's high end shopping mile where money shouldn't matter otherwise it turns into a mile of misery for your self-esteem and credit card. Therefore, reason number two: Cuir de Russie is so expensive and yet, I thought I need it.

Reason number 3 being the cult around Chanel in this temple of luxury that I entered innocently on Friday, October 28, 2005. It was a first in my lifetime and I immediately realized, it's time for a prayer. I entered this hall with black dressed female priests awaiting the sinner in search of forgiveness. I was given soothing comfort and the healing power of luxury without having to confess my sins (of buying cloths at H&M). After having decided for the smallest flacon of perfume, the high priest at the end of a long corridor, in the holiest niche of this temple of consummation, gave me her absolution once I paid with my credit card the bill which was hilarious.

I just hope now for eternal happiness with this little flacon which will fly with me for study reasons to Egypt, country of uncounted temples and thousand years of true culture.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice observations, reminding me vividly of my own one-time visit there. I only went to refresh my memory on Cuir de Russie (the Cologne).
They were very friendly and I would have felt really comfortable with a healthier ratio of staff : customers! (3 persons, plus door boy and me).

The Cologne (EdT) does not last 60 min. So I am resolved to either forget it or go for the perfume. Pls. tell it all: what is the price to pay?

2:46 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Eberhard
Yes, forget about the EdT, you have to go for the perfume, which is probably what Ernest Beaux had in mind when he created it.

The price is...... for 15 ml perfume, nicely packed, though simple......it is ....213 Swiss Francs....a lot indeed.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home