Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Dilution factor

First I would like to give a clear answer with a “but” to Marlen’s comment on my last post: Contradiction! I read his comments before leaving home and –what coincidence- 1 min. after having considered wearing contradiction this grey winter morning. After reading his post, I of course couldn’t resist. I haven’t used it for years! But…. It’s kind of a loud flower message. Writing this post I sit in the train and feel covered in several sheets of contradiction blankets, waves of abstract orange flower and a vulgar orchid flower, heavily empowered by salicylates, musks (I guess) found their way through a vibrant linalool-spicy caramel cover. It really is an abstract scent, somewhat too artificial to me, maybe better fitted for hot summer evenings, sitting outside in cafes, enjoying the warmth and easy going of the season; on this grey winter morning I let a significant part of Zurich’s population take part of an overdose of this abstraction on my way to the station using public transport and still feel a little bit too generous. This is a fragrance that is very outgoing indeed.
For several reasons this week passed without much work on new stuff. I was taking care on the two perfumes on the market, dealing with samples and stuff, and unfortunately, there was no time and energy left to do thorough reading of my favourite blogs. Dear blogging friends, please apologize! But there was time to look at the leather, final version in its 15% dilution. I am still delighted how it turned out after maturation, but will have to consider going slightly down to 10-12 % in its final dilution. It is amazing how the dilution factor may affect the top notes’ development. I think I could improve my leather darling here, allowing (well, I hope at least) widening the red carpet for the head notes a little bit, before the heart notes and the base take over. We will see…
For this week this is the last post. I wish you all a nice weekend and look forward to seeing you’ll soon again, here. Enjoy your time.

5 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

All this talk of your leather scent simply makes me greedy - I am feeling impatient, and want to know it NOW! But impatience rewards only fools, I suppose. Still, my anticipation at what you have dreamed up for it is hard to bear :)

You know, I cannot remember a thing about Contradiction - it has been years since I tried it last, and my impressions, or rather, non-impressions, of it did nothing to cause me to wish to revisit it. (Of course, I have not the technical know-how to analyze all those funny little molecules.) Eh, the shrieking of flowers seems to leave me unwilling to give it another shot.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your leather scent is even half as wonderful as your Marocain, I will have to have it!

2:59 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Katie
just a few more months.... we will get there sooner that we might have thought. I send you my best wishes for the upcoming weekend.

Dear Leopoldo
Thank you very much... your words are true motivation to speed up and Katie will sure like this.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

test

10:49 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

sorry Andy to be messing here but have had SOOOO much trouble getting a comment through ford days!!!

delete me I don't want to clog up the airways!!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home