Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Clementine Flower

My green thumb is praised! Finally, after two years of intense care, watering in summer, potting in spring, finding a nice cool but light flooded place in winter, after an extra shot of iron I detected an open flower on my mandarin tree. (one flower, one bud) I bought it two years ago, it was a Clementine baby back then and so far, all prayers and tender loving care did not result in any flowers. I was faced with a growing green bush, reaching 1.5 meters height, with lush shining leaves, that would smell wonderful if scratched…petitgrain like with a touch of neroli. But no flowers so far. And honestly; this was the only reason why I bought it in the first place. I imagined myself sitting in the garden, the warm May sun playing on my face and waves of Clementine flowers sending their truthful love messages. Finally I am there, with my beloved Clementine tree, and the scent is ....just wonderful. Rich, sweet, incredibly sexy, masculine and feminine mixed and intermingled, yet so soft and velvetty....

Well, I guess this is the beginning of a flourishing Clementine flower absolute business of mine..... (Just kidding, I will post the pix tomorrow)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds lovely Andy! Looking forward to seeing a photo of it.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some potted citruses too (but not as large as your mandarine tree) and one of them is a lime.
Now I'm not someone who pamper my indoor plants, more quite the oposite and the amazing thing is, that the lime tree flowers every now and then anyway. And the scent....ahhhhh, it's simply heavenly :-)

Since I'm so into tincturing, I have reaped the flower two years in a row , put them into a small jar and poured perfumers alcohol over them and put the jar in the fridge. I strained it and added new flowers every now and then (during the blossoming time) and now I have a gorgeous smelling tincture that I use for one of my single floral "cologne".

The flowers are also very beautiful to look at and I have used one of my pictures of them on my website:-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Ylva
It would break my heart to tincture this one and only flower! Lucky you with your abundant flowers. Maybe I should also stop pampering my little baby, be tough on it...

1:53 AM  
Blogger marlen said...

Andy - does thsi smell anything like orange blossom?

2:10 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Yes, very much so. But the orange flower is "more complete", rounder. My flower is somewhat stingier,harsher with a dirty untertone. I would compare it as follows: My Clementine Flower compares to orange flower like Neroli to Orange Flower absolute

2:15 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Spare the rod - spoil the child; obviously this addage is perfect for plants too.

Get beating that plant its obviously over pampered!

Heather

2:38 AM  
Blogger andy said...

dear heather
hehehe.... I will use a two-phase approach: First I will tell my Clementine lady that she's got to do better. Second phase (if phase 1 not successful): Punishment! And an extra shot fertilizer maybe....

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy:
Citrus can be picky -- a pauper-like appetite, yet it must be fed at regular intervals for optimum bloom and fruit. I don't know how hard it would be to get citrus fertilizer where you are (it's on the market shelves in Florida ;-) and a micronutrient spray specific for citrus might help, if the soil is alkaline. Feed four times a year, with a weak solution. Enjoy those, er, that, bloom, though, and I hope it fertilized itself. Do you see a little bump at the base?

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home