Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Flow

(pix: river flowing by as seen by A.)
In one of my comments on Heather’s Eie Flud Blog I mentioned ideas how to overcome certain nothingness in ideas on what to blog. I proposed to sit on a river, imagine the things that might flow by and start writing. Well, today is the day where I sit there. Yesterday was my birthday, a fact that my surroundings consider more important than myself. Hence, some festivities like dining in a Tunisian restaurant and quite a few telephone calls filled my day. I could fill this post now with epic descriptions of my life so far but I do not think this would be too thrilling. Thus, I sit here on the river and watch another year pass by, silently.

There was one little highlight yesterday, a telephone call with Alice. She attended the scent apéro in December and I gave her a L’air du désert marocain two months ago, a little present for a charming Swiss friend, who will soon leave us again for months, living her life in Pakistan with her beloved man. This Wednesday evening, I invited her and neighbours for a typical Swiss evening, with cooked potatoes (peel on!) and cheese and before this gathering I will leave very early for Luzern in the morning after coming home late from my visit of Heather in her pre-honey moon in the Alps today. Thus….no post tomorrow! But back to Alice. She told me yesterday that she got compliments for her perfume, my l’air du désert marocain, with people asking her where she got it from. If you follow the discussions on perfume of life, you realize that compliments for one’s perfume are a rare thing. People are shy, reluctant to express their feelings about another person’s fragrant aura. I get much, much more often compliments for my shirts than for what I am wearing in terms of perfume. And I can assure you….my shirts are not that cool…maybe we get less compliments for our perfumes because it is a more intimate thing. Telling someone “I love the way you smell today” is definitively more than “I love your shirt”. Thus, dear friends and readers….express yourself….

4 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Fortunately, I seem to elict perfume commentary easily amongst my friends and family, both negative and positive. They understand me all too well, and know that no matter what they think I will be interested in hearing it. Not that this translates into most of them letting me use them as perfume guinea pigs, but at least they aren't shy with the opinions :)

Sounds like you are having a nice week filled with good friends and pleasantly chatty suppers - have a great time.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

This is belated, but - Happy Birthday, Andy!! Wishing you all the best, lots of inspiration and success!
(you and Katie almost share birthdays)

8:00 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Katie
It was a wonderful evening,yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. It is good to open from time to time my house and let lovely people fly in....it clears the air and empowers the heart...

11:49 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Colombina
Thank you for your wishes. Thus, Katie and me, we share more than I already knew...

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home