Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Monday, June 26, 2006

maculata

Nature is far from perfect. (see the rose of yesterday morning on the left; beautiful, smelling like an angel, but not perfect... this is maybe what makes it so beautiful?) Thus...I had to buy a pair of new glasses on Saturday. One reason was the old glasses falling apart, the other reason has to do with my arms that slowly but surely do not allow me anymore to compensate the inadequate focusing of my ocular system. My optician told me that there is no reason to worry. I am beyond 40 and around this age the signs become immanent of what happens since birth: A continuous decline, due to protein degradation in my lens. No way to stop it. It starts when you are born and it ends when … well, when things come to an end.
Thus, my Saturday shopping turned into a memento mori trip (latin for remember death). And it boosted my plans for the weekend. Who knows how much time is left, thus I figured out to better move on
with a few things; such as preparing my blog on wordpress and bringing it on the tauerperfumes.com domain, getting the stuff ready for “Aus Liebe zum Duft”…

…commercial break on the side: Yeha…the cowboy made it successfully to Germany, too!, where he will be enjoying football and German hospitality….

and some more stuff, like fooling around will little beaver and cistus. More about this animal story in the coming days.

Thus, I went for a nice pair of new glasses. Positive side aspect: I get a new look! Soon, I gonna look like a real intellectual. Ha! Change is great, as you may observe on Marina’s blog that has a great, cool look, too. I liked it, check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oh, Andy thank you so much for a compliment on my new look!
Trips to opticians scare me, especially because my sight is ...basically I am blind as a bat, and I am always afraid they'd say that it has gotten worse. So I hate opticians almost as much as I hate dentists. :-D

I am looking forward to bookmarking your new blog!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Andy,

Does this mean you will post a new photo too, so we can all see your cool new glasses? :-D

(I am also over 40 and I got bifocals last year - they are very nice, but I hated to do it!)

8:54 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Well, Flora, soon I will change my blog's domain anyhow. and then.... the world's gonna be different! hehehe ...


Hey Colombina... I can see why you hate opticians. That sounds drastic! Lucky me, I only need my glasses to correct minor damage still, with the trend point upwards, but nothing to worry

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home