Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

travelling to Geneva..


I am in a hurry, getting stuff packed and transporting myself to Geneva.
As announced I will not be able to post or comment much (few exceptions).
Well, I guess when I am back here on Friday, there will be a post coming then, at least one before the weekend.

Thus, in the mean time, I send you my best wishes and please....drop by at the newest NZZ Folio with Luca Turin's column, I liked it a lot


You will find it soon here (I hope this link will work, as it is not online yet, I just guessed) http://www-x.nzz.ch/folio/curr/articles/parfum_engl.html

10 Comments:

Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

You can scroll to the bottom of the page, and the English version is linked there, Andy.

"best since Coty" -- La La!

I just woke up, so I'll babbly more coherently your way later. Congrats!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

At last, there you are in NZZ Folio! And you're going away just when the orders are bound to start rolling in? ;-)

By coincidence, I'm wearing L'Air du Désert Marocain right now, and though I've handed Turin's ass to him on a platter many a time, I'm going to concede this point: Regarding your fragrance (and Chinatown), he's absolutely right. And I've smelled La Rose Jacqueminot, too.

Beau travail, Andy!

5:17 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Not sure LT has that kind of ability to drive sales. When he reviewed and praised Profumo from Italy it didn't generate one sale. Andy has quite the lovely, loyal following on various forums, and got to Lucky Scent all by his sweet lonesome. Have fun with this, Andy and release your next perfume soon!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

I agree, I don't think Turin makes or breaks a fragrance either (for instance: what the hell happened to Dazzling Silver, which he loved so much?), but NZZ Folio is what you call a general readership publication (and a class act too), widely read and admired, so it's bigger publicity than just a mention in the perfumed blogosphere. Can't hurt, anyway. Those of us who are fanatics know about these scents already, of course!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you arrived safely in Geneva.

Fabulous Andy! We all knew that you were brilliant anyway.

9:45 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Hi Tania:
Since I don't speak German except for a smattering of Old German kept alive by my grandmother's family, I didn't realize the scope of Duftnotes. So you're saying this is as big a deal as when Andy got mentioned in Swiss magazines and papers? Great! Break that hippie's rep outside of the perfume blogspheres, lol.

1:32 PM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

Andy, I tried to post this earlier, but got an error message. Hope this gets through. I posted the duftnotes lin in my Yahoo group of 900 people. Hope it gets you a lot more notice and sales ;-)

3:14 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Congratulations Andy!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

Wow! What a great shot of praise for your perfume! Of course we already knew how good it was, but it's nice to hear it from Luca Turin.

8:45 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Jenny and Flora
Thank you!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home