Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Nature’s blessings and room for improvement

Anina is a famous fashion model, at least that’s what was said in the newspaper yesterday and she is proof for nature’s blessings. I am not into fashion model spotting, did not know her name, but must admit that nature has blessed her with a beautiful face and a talented crew. Anina has a blog, telling the world the very personal perspective of the fashion model business, which must be quite tough. As this blog of mine is somewhat personal I must admit: I was jealous at first sight. Anina was invited to speak about her blog (was it in Paris?), at a high ranking blogging scene buzz event. On second thought: She deserved it. I would bet she makes everything to get her blog known. With cosmetic surgery out of scope and Heather’s shea butter cosmetics still not ordered yet, there is not much I can do about my visual impression. Maybe I should improve somewhat on my dissemination and publicity work?

Besides admiring Anina’s blog I spent some time on google, before going to bed, checking my ranking to sooth my ego. A search for tauer and maroc brought me rather quickly to Ebay. Here, I found le Maroc pour elle, sold there in December, 1/6 FL OZ filled into a nice, shiny golden vaporiser. It sold for 15 $US, which is the price for five 1.5 ml samples on my little PayPal shop. My night was not as calm as originally expected. I immediately engaged in thinking about the Ebay Maroc pour elle. At the edge of my long awaited sleep I realized that we might be faced with a customer wish for Le Maroc pour elle in shiny golden flacons filled with 10 ml of oriental elixir….

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I had never heard of her - but from her net pages she does look very attractive - an object to be looked at, admired or fantasised about. And clearly she has half a brain - she knows how to self publicise - something you and I are having a go at too.

But beauty is far more multi faceted - thankfully for most of us, thereby we can be admired, and even fantasised about too - just in a more everyday package. And there is nothing wrong with looking and being common a garden - the world is full of people like us - and we learn to like and love - even gargoyles can be cute and interesting.

Your ego doesn't need anymore cossetting - you know we love you! But your perfume should not be nor ever be on that carbuncle EBAY.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Andy. Don't feel insulted by seeing a decant on eBay. There is a whole cottage industry around decanting large bottles into smaller sprays. If anything, it is a compliment that the seller thought your perfume would be popular enough to decant. On the other hand, I think your perfumes would appeal to a "perfume cognoscenti", who often do like buying lots of fragrances in small sizes. Maybe your dream is not so crazy.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be perfectly honest Andy, I think that your idea of selling Le Maroc in a nice handbag size spray would be perfect. People could then refill it from the larger bottle once they discover that they can't live without it.

Would you like me to post about it on POL and see what the members on there think?

10:30 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Heather,
I have to be honest.... I had wonderful moments due to ebay! It got some perfumes there that I could not get elsewhere. And I consider this ebay google-link to be a hint worth considering. Not in the sense that I want to sell my perfumes on ebay, but that there might be a need for smaller sizes.

Dear Daisy, in that sense, my dream may not be crazy at all, absolutely true. Maybe, in the long run and not tomorrow, I have to consider providing a "small scale" option to my customers.

Dear Barry, yes, please! I am curious what your POL community thinks in general about perfume sizes. Is 50 ml perfect? Are 100 ml too much, rather go for 30? It would be interesting to get answers to these questions.

11:06 AM  
Blogger carmencanada said...

Dear Andy,
I actually know Anina -- we have friends in common -- and she is indeed a very lovely young women, very gifted for public relations too (geek + model = guaranteed press coverage). Though for a more intellectual take on fashion in Paris, I would recommend www.la-couture.com (it's bilingual) to which (full disclosure) I am a regular contributor...
I await L'Air du désert marocain with much impatience and will forward my thoughts...

11:06 AM  
Blogger carmencanada said...

I meant to write "woman", of course.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home