Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Delivery time and tunnel effects

The Eie Flud blog gets a new look. Heather is a couple of months ahead of me and her blog’s new skin is pure motivation to my own endeavour of transforming my virtual presence. Heather: I am jealous. Thus, I have decided at the turn of last year, when implementing my little paypal shop, to seriously work on the blueroll.com site. This site is programmed in pure HTML, using tables in tables in tables in tables to come up with a design that is somewhat controlled. The action plan looks like a) new blueroll site with b) new content and c) with the blog integrated and d) ultimately bring everything onto a new domain. Time to delivery of this whole, very code related project with little impact on my perfumery work will be months, I guess.

The main kick for this decision came by Alla (well, thank you Alla!), when we were discussing by mail about this old site of mine. Alla showed me that my products (and I am really proud on them, believe me!) are almost hidden on this site and they are not the site’s central focus point, which is odd, with blueroll.com being a commercial site!

I had to realize that the blueroll site tunnel got quite long. You wonder what this means? Well, being Swiss, I am used to think in mountains and tunnels going through them…. A website (or any other project) is like a tunnel. You work on it, publish it and then you modify it and add more features and additional goodies. You dig yourself into the mountain and the longer you work on it, the more the tunnel system will become complex. The vision you have from within this tunnel gets narrow and for long tunnels you may loose any contact to the outside world. Suddenly, while happily digging and thinking about how to make your tunnel below the Matterhorn cosier and how to implement central heating and neon light, you encounter a lost client, trying to find his way within this labyrinth. The enduring customer will ask you why you never thought about building a cafeteria in bright sunlight, at the foot of the Matterhorn. Well, right he is!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

This is very true! We can become embedded in a project of our own making that becomes a lesson in microscoping - whereas what we should have is a great big magnifying glass!

Work needed on mine but I think it feels cosy.

Heather

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home