Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Monday, December 05, 2005

Disintegrating due to URI


On Saturday there still was hope, today there is only misery left: I have caught a cold.

My Upper Respiratory System is disintegrating, therefore the term “Upper Respiratory Infections”. A term I have learned from the internet, because I did a quick research on my nose’s infection. More or less everything is interesting in life and faced with this minor, yet still not curable disease (amazing, isn’t it…. There is basically not much you can do….) I take it as a chance to learn something about it. I have learned that statistically my point of infection was with 30% at work, 18% at home. I guess I am part of these 18%, due to W.’s suffering last week. And with a 41% statistical chance the route of entry was my nose, place of first defence and ….defeat.

Cistus extracts (I have learned last week in the newspaper) are a potent inhibitor of influenca virus (Cistus species being C. incanus). Thus, I decided to rinse my nose with some Cistus ladaniferus extracts in salt water, hoping it will help against Rhinovirus or Coxsackie virus, too. At least, this treatment clears the clogged nose, and together with my high doses of vitamin C and B vitamins I hope to recover soon.
For the time being there are no smelling experiments planned and I have to do some imagination compositional work. Further nose details are expected for tomorrow…

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a speedy convalescence, sir.

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Andy, it must be awful that your valuable nose gets unblocked quickly.

Hope you are taking the 1 gram vitamin C and echinacea that I recommended. Inhaling Tea Tree oil from a bowl of hot water also helps.

Barry

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey, I previewed my post and still missed the error...

I meant to say 'It must be awful that your valuable nose is blocked, I hope it unblocks quickly'.

Sorry about that Andy.

Barry

11:45 AM  
Blogger andy said...

hehe
The vitamin C: Yes, sir, I take it and lots of it.
Furthermore, I stick to what a friend recommended me this afternoon. "get a double scotch, not because it would really help, but you'll just feel better...."

11:48 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Barry
Optimistic as I am, assuming always the best in my fellow human beings, I guessed you ment it the other way ;-)

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the double Scotch. If you can stand it, double Scotch with a fresh lemon squezzed into it and then add hot water and honey. You will sleep like a baby and wake up feeling much better.

I'm glad that you realised that I wasn't being nasty with my first post..ha ha!

Barry

12:20 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

I hate colds... hope you recover very soon. My feel better cure is always to brew green tea with fresh slices of ginger (bark and all) with a touch of lemon and honey. I'm not sure it really heals me up any faster, but warms me and my stuffy nose up well.

12:37 PM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Kathie
Thank you, I will try it if things don't get better until tomorrow!
Have a nice evening and take care...
Andy

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home