Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

18

A couple of bottles showed up yesterday on this blog. I assessed some leather approaches in undiluted form. And the winner is: Number 18! It is a joyful and happy moment. Although the maturation process is not finished yet, the winner is clear. Now, there is still work to be done, maybe even more than before. Number 18 needs adjustments. Here some formula highlights:
Its head: Woody, brilliant, spicy, with smoky undertones; birch tar, clary sage, lavender, carrot seed, clove flowers and supporting hydroxycinamaldehyde
Its heart: luxurious and intense leader, warm radiant flowers; bourbon geranium, orange flower, jasmine, cistus and ambrein, supported by geraniol, nerol, isobutylchinolein
Its body: soft, powdery and warm woods with a sweet touch; cedarwood and vetiver, vanillin and methylcyclomyrceton

It is like finding a youngster on a farm, all dirty, sweaty, but with the perfect face for our campaign. He needs some cleaning and education, but we will bring him up there, onto the stage.


Dear bottle 18, it is our pleasure to announce that you have made it. You’ve beaten them all and it is you who we will tutor further. We will take you at the hand and guide the path to the world which will admire your beauty. You convinced the jury with your gold-brown appearance without precipitate. Your fragrance is the taste of adventure, it is the lonesome rider coming home in the evening sun, it is the perfume of a wild nature, of dry grassland with trees raising their arms for the praise of an orange sun at the horizon, it is promise and phantasm. Your temper needs education, though. We have to teach you the soft language of seduction. You will learn how a soft whisper opens doors, and we will tell you when the moment has come to sing out loud. We will work on your lovely head which just needs some colours and fine lines to support your smile. We will not change your heart which is so joyful and young and convinced us of your beauty. We will dress your body in fabrics that let your contours shine through and support your silhouette. Your brilliance still hides behind layers of dust. We will polish you, make you shine and one day you will become pure light, transcendent reflection of the sun’s colours. Please follow us.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

Andy, I have been following your progress as you develop this leather and this is wonderful news. Leather being my favorite perfumery theme, I can scarcely wait to smell it. Good luck with it, and thank you again for sharing your creative process on this blog. It is an inspiration.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news Andy! No juniper I see..LOL. Remember my strangely inspired email about the juniper tree?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Viktor Öland said...

Andy, this sounds like just the perfume I will love. On top of that you make me feel as if I am following a newborn child on its way through life. A perfume that smells lovely - and which I will have such a strong personal relation to... Could it get any better? Thank you for a wonderful blog!

1:06 PM  
Blogger slave2love said...

Andy, congratulations! A third thoroughbred to put in your already wonderful stable. Can't wait to try it.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy - I ditto everything already said and my godness, you do have your way with words :-) I love to read every new entry you write and always ends up with "why didn't I think of that".
On top of that, I look forward to smell that new creation of yours, it sounds just short of deliriously delicious.

Tania - hope your creative process goes well and you know, I think that you, Andy and Luca ought to do a joint writing project, since all three of you are such accomplished writers. All your posts are inteligently witty and fun, not to mention very imaginative.

Viktor - Umeå, Sweden? There is where I was born and grew up:-D

11:26 PM  
Blogger Viktor Öland said...

Ylva: Oh! I moved here from Öland three years ago to study biology. I have grown very fond of västerbotten.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wheres Oland?

Andy you are thoroughness and creativity and passion all rolled into one

See thats why you're Swiss - organised and focussed Germanic; hot and unpredictably Italian and fragrantly French

I love the Swiss

Heather

3:02 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Viktor: nice to see you here! I have realized: We are wearing almost the same glasses. But more interestingly: Referring to Heather's question, where is Öland?

Barry.no juniper, I am sorry.... but your positive vibrations reached Switzerland and you did your part.....
Tania: I think this sharing is also a way of moving things on. So, it is a win-win situation,I guess and I just love to write about my up's und down's
Ylva: let's see how delirious it is going to be at the end....
Well, my dear heather.... thank you!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Viktor Öland said...

Andy and all,
Öland is an island in the south of sweden. A few years ago the southern half of it, where I am from, was added to Unesco's list of World Heritages because of its traditional agricultural landscape.

I created a map for you!

10:24 AM  
Blogger andy said...

Dear Victor
Thank you! I just Googled öland....looks like a real lovely place.
Have a nice weekend.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home