Lonestar Memories: Colombina on Perfumesmellingthings. (...)Lonestar Memories makes me want to escape the mundane confines of my everyday world(...)


Lonestar Memories: Katie on Scentzilla. (...) Lonestar Memories smells of the examined life. Inside there is joy, and there is tiny heartbreak, e xisting only in reverie. The scent unravels into the consideration of past experiences, and pinings for future joys and heartbreaks(...)


Lonestar Memories: Marlen Harrison's review on PerfumeCritic.com (...) If you're a lover of leather or richer wood fragrances, this is gonna be a holy grail scent and in that case, better get two bottles.(...)


Lonestar Memories: Cait Shortell's review on Legerdenez. (...) Do you appreciate scent because you identify with the scent and its image? Does a scent have the ability to create a memory outside one’s own experience?(...)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

How to sell a perfume on the internet

This is a tricky one. Which sometimes does not let me sleep. Although some of my perfume creations (two at the given time) are sold exclusively in a shop in Zurich (Medieval art & vie) by a very good friend of mine, we both still dream on selling our perfumes over the internet. But how to advertise something so much linked to our senses? Without having established a brand name for yourself? I still have my little add running on Google adwords which people seem to be interested in. At least we get some clicks there; which translates into money leaving from my bank account directly to Google’s without much happening at the sales front. The best thing that happened to us so far was the free note in the Annabelle’s beauty news, a beauty journal with 80’000 copies sold, mostly in Switzerland. And thinking about placing real adds: Forget about it immediately. It might take centuries before your return on investment is approaching a reasonable number. There must be something else, I am sure about it, but what? Your advice is highly appreciated…

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

This one of course is very close to my heart.

I have come across a website of an English Artist who sells exclusive perfumes by artisan type perfumers - like Mandy Aftel in a tiny little shop in Carnaby Street, London and is something of a cause celeb!! Lucky him.

I'll find the site and let you know.

Free ad space - or editorials without an ad as the cost of it - that is the million dollar question. Cause if I had a million dollars I wouldn't need the free ad!

I'm not so sure the internet is the best place for an exclusive perfume unless you're like Molinard and have 'credentials'

I think you need more exposure in arty type boutiques - anywhere in Geneva?

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home